When it comes to choosing awnings for your home or business, there are a few things that you would have to take into consideration. For starters, you need to understand that awnings can help transform any drab outer appearance into something that his chic, trendy and stylish. Awnings can dramatically transform the outdoors and enable you to optimize the same seamlessly. For example, if you are planning to host BBQ in the front yard, an awning can provide your guests with shelter from harsh UV rays.
Similarly, an awning outside your restaurant can help provide your customers with shelter from sudden downpours, while enabling them to enjoy their latte. But before you install awnings, there are a few factors that you would have to pay attention to,
- Material: Awnings come in various materials, from different outdoor fabric to metal, and in this case, with aluminium. You can install these awnings at your home for your personal use or use the same for your business. While fabrics mean that you can opt for bright and exciting colour patterns, metal awnings tend to come in mono colour patterns, but they tend to be durable, longstanding and low on maintenance. Just check out some of the aluminium awnings in Brisbane which should give you a good idea as to what’s available.
- Angle: When it comes to awnings, it all comes down to the angle. For example, for windows or fronts, facing the east, it is generally recommended to go for awnings with a 65% -75% drop. And for those facing the south and without direct sun exposure, you can go in for a 45-60% drop. The angle varies due to the angle of direct sun exposure – after all, the purpose of an awning is to provide you and your customers with the required shelter and protection.
- Side panels: You may also want to install awnings with side panels as well. If you’re going to provide your guests and customers with more options when it comes to shelter, then you can add side panels to the awnings. It should provide them with more shelter options, especially from a new direction.
- Stationary, retractable or freestanding: There are mainly three types of awnings that you can choose from – stationary, retractable and freestanding. While you can go for both fabric and metal when it comes to stationary awnings, you will find that the maintenance can be time-consuming. On the other hand, retractable awnings which are always made of fabric seem to be perfect for patios and verandahs. But the issue is that they are not sturdy and even a slight wind can cause them to stall or stay closed. That’s why it makes sense to go for a freestanding awning. You can go in for aluminium awnings, and even use the same to advertise your company, products, etc. Just Google search for ‘aluminium awnings in Brisbane’, and you should be able to see what’s available at the moment.
- Size: If you are trying to provide your customers with shelter on the front patio, then you may not need a large awning. So first make an assessment and find out precisely what size awning you need, before you go shopping for one. You can go in for small shelters or big ones depending on your current needs at the moment,
- Style: There are various styles currently available in the market today – from the waterfall, dome style, double bar standard, quarter barrel and more. Just choose your preferred style and get an awning in the same style. You may also want to consult a blinds company over the various choices that are available and select the one that you think makes a good fit.
With these tips and suggestions, you should be able to pick out the right awning for your home as well as your business. First, work out the exact measurements of the area to be covered; once you have obtained the measurements, you can then go ahead and purchase the awning you need for your home/business.