Home > Health & Fitness > Is mio bad for you 

Is mio bad for you 

Is mio bad for you? 

Mio is dangerous for your health. It also contains toxic chemicals, artificial colours and sweeteners. This product should be avoided at any cost.

You can find Mio on grocery store shelves. It is a sugar-free and calorie-free water enhancement. This product is available in many flavours. To enjoy a tasty beverage, you must mix a few drops into a glass of water. Are these drinks healthy?

Mio is a great option if you don’t like plain water or have difficulty drinking enough water. You can prevent dehydration by adding flavour enhancers like Mio. Mio is a good alternative if you drink a lot of sodas, juices and other beverages with many natural sweeteners. However, this drink won’t have much nutritional value.

What is Mio?

Mio is a relatively new beverage. Technically, this is a “liquid-water enhancer”, meaning that you can use a small amount (1/2 teaspoon) of the concentrated liquid to flavour whole water bottles. The concentrated liquid comes in a 1.52-ounce plastic bottle and is available in many flavours. Kraft Foods is the company that owns Mio.

Mio comprises four product lines: Original Energy, Energy, Fit and Vitamins. Each product line has its unique characteristics. Many flavours are available for the Mio Original, but it doesn’t claim any benefits other than a great taste. Mio Energy boosts caffeine to help you wake up every morning. This product line also offers coffee-flavoured options. Mio Fit replaces sports drinks with extra electrolytes, B vitamins and Mio Fit. Mio Vitamins aims to provide consumers with an additional boost of nutrients and three different types of B vitamins (B3, B6, and B12). Mio Vitamins offer a “naturally sweetened” option, such as stevia extracts.

Mio is a concentrated liquid that contains chemical substances. Artificial colours in many products today can cause hyperactivity, distractibility and carcinogens. There are also a variety of allergies depending on how they are formulated.

What is Mio Made with?

Three of Mio’s product lines, Electrolytes, Vitamins, and Energy, claim to meet 10% of your daily vitamin B3, B6, and B12.

Each product line offers multiple flavours. Sucralose and Acesulfame potassium, also known as Ace-K, are artificial sweeteners. Only two of the five flavours in the Mio Vitamins line are “naturally sweetened with stevia leaf extract,” according to the Mio Vitamins range.

Mio Energy is the only product that contains caffeine. You can find it in eight flavours, including two with coffee. It contains 60mg of caffeine per serving. Taurine, Guarana and Ginseng are available in all energy flavours.

Why is Mio bad?

Three artificial sweeteners found in beverage enhancers pose a serious concern. Mio uses Splenda, or Sucralose, as its primary sweetener. It is made from chlorinating white sugar. However, this process adds heavy metals and sucralose to it. It is safe for 98%, and the rest, 2%, contains all of those heavy metals. Because most sucrose is not absorbed, it is non-caloric. Most sucrose is concentrated in the liver, kidneys and GI (gastrointestinal). Long-term use of this sweetener can lead to cancer, congenital disabilities, immune dysfunction and other health problems. The long-term effects of other artificial sweeteners have not been well studied.

Possible short-term side effects

  • Rash on the skin
  • Asthma attack
  • Hyperactivity/distractibility

Possible long-term side effects

  • Congenital disabilities
  • A dysfunctional immune system
  • Neurological impairment
  • Mutations in cells
  • Cancer

What Ingredients should you be aware of

  • Sucralose
  • Acesulfame Potassium
  • Artificial Colors
  • Potassium Sorbate
  • Propylene Glycol

Alternatives to Mio

There are many ways to naturally flavour water without artificial sweetness, colours or preservatives like those in Mio.

Sparkling water and infusions with fruit and herbs are two options. Let the ingredients sit for at least 4 hours if you make fruit infusions.

Here are some ideas for flavouring your water.

  • Slices of lemon or lime with basil leaves
  • Cinnamon sticks and apples
  • Lemongrass and cucumber slices
  • Vanilla bean, vanilla extract or orange slices
  • Berries and pineapple

Final Thoughts

Mio has deceived consumers by claiming that its products are naturally sweetened when they contain an additive. Mio’s products contain three artificial sweeteners as well as many artificial colours. This sounds like something you should avoid. Drinking a large glass of purified spring water is the best way to get nourishment. You can add some fruit to the water for more flavour.

Leave a Reply