Many of our customers prefer green cleaning products. We fully understand why. Green cleaning products are gentler on the skin and lungs than traditional products. Sometimes, however, green cleaning products may not work as well. You want to ensure that your bathroom is clean and free of germs. House cleaners in Auckland tips to help you keep your bathroom green and clean. These tips can be done with common household items like vinegar, baking soda and dish soap.
Green cleaning and preventive maintenance of sinks and shower drains
Green bathroom cleaning is a great friend. Maintenance cleaning is your best friend. Half a cup baking soda and half a cup vinegar should be poured down the drain once a week. Allow to sit for 20 minutes, then flush the drain using hot water (preferably near boiling).
Green cleaning for bathtub and shower walls
You can loosen stubborn soap scum, grime and stains by spraying vinegar all over the shower:
- Fiberglass: Use dish soap and baking soda to clean, then wipe with a sponge.
- Porcelain: You can remove stains using only green products by spraying them with lemon juice, then sprinkled with alum Powder. Let the stain sit overnight before applying any other products. Use a little lemon juice to scrub the stain off the next day.
- Baking soda can be used to make non-skid appliques and strips. Allow to sit for about 15-20 minutes, then scrub and rinse.
- Natural stone/marble showers: Because of its beautiful appearance, many homeowners choose marble or granite for their bathrooms. Before you apply any cleaning products to marble or stone showers, make sure to consult your manufacturer. Certain acidic and alkaline compounds can be used to stain or etch these materials, even all-natural ones. Marble and other natural materials can be disintegrated by water. For green bathroom cleaning, we like to use mild, pH neutral dish soap that is mild on marble.
- Bonus tip: If you take many baths, 2 tablespoons baking soda can be added to your bathwater to prevent a ring around the tub.
Grout cleaning with green solutions
Baking soda is the best option to brighten up dull grout. Use a mixture of baking soda and dish soap to scrub the grout. You can then rinse it out. For more detailed work such as grouting and rings around drains, our technicians love the toothbrush scrub brush.
Weekly process for toilets
Let half a cup vinegar sit in the toilet for at least half an hour. Use a toilet brush to scrub the toilet.